Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Cardigan from Target, Urban Outfitters dress, Skirt (underneath dress) from local clothing store, belt is vintage & boots are from a shoe boutique in Mexico.
September is such a beautiful month. So many things happen: Autumn begins, my Dad & Brother grow a year older, a plethora of friends grow one year older as well, the weather begins to change, warmer, cozier fabrics begin to flood clothing stores and closets, hot tea begins to sound comforting once again, and darker colors gain a more alluring luminosity. So in respects to the beautiful month of September, I would love to share with you some things that are making me really happy at the moment (besides the obvious fact that it's September, of course).
- Today I found a couple leaves that had fallen from the trees in my front and backyard. I picked the one in the picture above and relished one of the first signs of Autumn.
- The simplicity of this drawing. It would make for a beautiful tattoo.
- My anthropology professor who I respect deeply for his immense knowledge & light sense of humor.
- The fact that my hair is noticeably longer.
- The beautiful new Fall arrivals at Ruche.com & the gorgeous model who sports them so well.
- The prospective news that I might be opening my own Etsy shop soon.
- September skies & this beautiful poetry/photo blog.