The Nostalgic's Headquarters

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I’ve memorized this room
It’s perimeter
Each ridge of the cold floor
I’ve memorized it’s heartbeat
A soft beating, blood like milk that runs through the veins of the walls.

I’ve memorized this room
And all it’s widowed thoughts
Prolific beginnings but now disposed fetuses lying
To be forgotten in the deepness of the furniture.

I’ve memorized this room
And I’ve listened intently
To it’s chambered music that doesn’t disguise
The quiet pain that echoes in the unfanned air.

I’ve memorized this room
And all it’s terminology
There is blood in the walls and death in the sheets
My flaws hung like an item on display and grief like liquid gold
Glittering in the stillness.
I’ve memorized this room but all you see are painted walls and lack of space.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 24, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

You're amazing. I've missed your posts! great photo, and the poem goes well with the photo.

Liz May 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Such a wonderful picture! I love it. Your poetry has such a haunting quality - it enhances the feeling of the picture. Lovely work as always <3

evelyn May 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

lovely words, amazing photo!
i've missed your posts.
hope all is well :)
are you now on summer vacation?

<3, evelyn

kelly ann May 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

oh how i've missed your posts and your beautiful words. <3

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP