Primavera

Friday, March 26, 2010

One eight page essay, one presentation and response, two midterms down and spring break just a week away- I feel like I can finally take a breather. Today I indulged in some sleeping in and picture taking- pictures which I am very excited about and can't wait to share with you all next week. For now I will be sharing an older set that was taken while partnering with one of my lovely muses, Ellie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also have some really exciting news that I must share with you all. The receptionist that works at my brother's orthodontist office used to work with a wedding photographer but recently had a baby and can't anymore. Although I wasn't present, my dad took the kind liberty of talking to her about my love for photography and desire to want to pursue it as a career. So she gave him the photographer's number and said she would refer me!!

It turns out this wedding photographer is actually a husband & wife team (Amy & Jesse). I called and spoke to Amy, who has to be the sweetest person I have ever met in my life, and in little time we were well acquainted. And now I just might be landing a job as a part time wedding photographer assistant!!!! I was literally jumping up and down the entire time I was on the phone with her. Hopefully all goes well and I end up getting the job, even if it's just to help out once in a while. To see some of their work you can visit their website.

Oh and in other bright news, Monday I passed my DMV test. And you know what that means, right? I will be doing a lot more with my photography now that I have the opportunity to drive myself around. I can't wait!

16 comments:

Panty Buns March 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

Those are beautiful artistically done photos. I hope you wind up getting the photography job, and please do drive carefully.

kelly ann March 27, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

these are so stunning.

and YAY! i'm so happy for you, love. :) i hope you get the job, fingers crossed <3

kate maggie March 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

gosh - these pictures are so so gorgeous!! x

Giovanna March 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Beautiful photos!
Love your blog
xxx

Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  March 28, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

congratulations on your license and the referral!

the photos are amazing!

emily March 29, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

wow such exciting news! a gig and a driver's license. very cool. let me know if you ever need a photog sidekick :)

Sher March 29, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

These are absolutely lovely and fairy-like, my dear. I've always wanted to do a photoshoot like this and I really wish I could do it with you! You're so talented:)

xx

Maria Confer March 29, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

These photos are so stunning and I love that they're in black and white.

Lulu Letty

trishie March 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Exciting news! congrats on getting your driving license and getting ahead with your photography career.

Diana March 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

Congrats on your DMV test! :)

Rhianne March 30, 2010 at 1:18 AM  

congratulations! these photos are gorgeous!

chelsea rebecca March 30, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

wow these are incredible!!
and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
and i love your blog header!!

Blicious March 30, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

WOW!! congrats to you! thats amazing!! thats my dream job!! ;)

xoxo

Liz March 31, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

I love the black n white! and congrats on passing DMV test!

Amy April 5, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

These are beautiful!!! Congratulations on the job. It will be a great experience I'm sure.

P.S. I'm working on a project to tell a story through photos and wondered if you might be willing to help me with the story part. The theme I have is raw/gritty city shots. I thought maybe one of your poems or short stories? Send me an email if it sounds like something you might be interested in. (amymajken[at]hotmail.com)

Anonymous,  April 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

awesome pics..love them..

btw pls visit me back if you have time

xoxo

Judith

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP