The Final Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've been on a rather frenzied search across a good portion of the internet as well as local stores such as Borders & Barnes & Noble for a new journal. My recent journal is almost completely filled and has been with me for over four years. I purchased it with googly eyes and a gift card my Godmother had gifted me a couple months before my fourteenth year. I was so in love with this journal (considering it was one of the prettiest things I owned, so grown up looking and worth more money than I would have ever phantom spending at once on my own account) that it remained completely empty for nearly two years. I couldn't bear the thought of ruining its beauty with ugly handwriting or scribbles and adolescent thoughts.
When I finally got the courage to write in it, it became the bearer of the many layers of myself. I would write anything from quotes and ideas to lists and scratchy doodles. I suffered a long four years of an on again/off again love for it; going for periods of time were it would follow me wherever my destination was and other times when it would be forgotten in the shadows of my desk or between piles of paperbacks on my bookshelves. And now after the transformations it has endured with me, I am ready for a new one.
Surely you must see why it is so important that I chose the perfect journal. After all, it has to endure me more than I have to endure it. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Etsy has proved to be one of the best places, with the largest variety of journals that have caught my attention. Moleskines are sounding very appealing and although I was originally on the lookout for a larger journal, a smaller one that can be a lot easier to carry around sounds like a good candidate. And it doesn't hurt that they have beautifully illustrated covers, does it? Not one bit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight

Do you have a journal?

16 comments:

kimi February 21, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

What a beautiful journal!
I don't have a journal, but I actually have been thinking about getting one in recent days.
I want to right down my thoughts, document special days & stick in pretty pictures.
Thanks for sharing these etsy journals. They are gorgeous :)
xx

Anonymous,  February 21, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

amazing looking journal, you've done a great job!

Unknown February 21, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

that is so beautiful I must say. I have a journal, in fact I've got 5 lol. The journals I find so lovely I tend to buy them . My collection is growing, but you can't have enough journals right? (:

Kristin February 21, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Your journal is SO gorgeous! The new options are all so beautiful too! I have tried keeping a journal numerous times, but then I just find myself writing in it so inconsistenty!

Jack Daniel February 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

I have a journal. But it's actually a day planner. But I use it as a journal too...and it's from Moleskine. The red one. :)

emily February 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

yes i have an x-large moleskine with blank pages. i like to put receipts and movie ticket stubs in there as a reminder of what i've done. and dried leaves and things. i'm sentimental like that :)

Erin February 22, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Just happened upon your blog and I think it's gorgeous...I've been reading through your posts and I love them all! I will definitly be back to read more...

Love love love,

Erin

xx

Becca February 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

I love etsy! I used to have my own shop on there, but I got rather busy when the summer ended. So now I just blog, and wish I still had time to make jewelry for etsy. :)
lovely journals!

with love,
Becca

ConnieB February 22, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

I LOVE journaling... actually, I've neglected it for months thanks to my blog addiction...(; I shall get back to my regular habit of writing though. Thanks! (: Cute blog!

IKS February 23, 2010 at 4:15 AM  

your new journal looks very nice. and i understan what you mean, and I agree. Writing is a very important and special thing to me, so choosing a right journal/notebook is a serious job. I love their journals, but i don`t like their price (at least not those in my country) - http://www.paperblanks.com/us/en/

have a nice week :)

Laura February 23, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Your journal is so so beaufyfull!
I have one to, but i never write in it anymore. But i want to search for a new one, just like a beautyfull journal like yours!

trishie February 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

oh i used to have a journal, i'd carry it with me everywhere and draw and write all sorts of things in it. Now i wish i still had one!

clare February 23, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

i have that very same journal.
i gasped when i saw that picture.

Danielle Barbe February 23, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

i completely understand your search for the PERFECT journal... i go through this every three months or so. the binding has to be just right, the pages can't be lined, i'm very finicky.

i hope you find one that's just right... and a lot of soul-searching and good writing will follow.

Sweet Spectre February 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

I've had so many journals but the ones I actually wrote in were always battered spiral notebooks.

Recently my boyfriend bought me a bunch of good looking journals and I'm afraid to write in them!

You have a great blog. Thanks for stopping by Mermaid in a Manhole. <3

Anonymous,  February 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

yes, I do have a journal. I like to doodle and take my frustration off in my journal. I really like The 1st journal (My Deer Lady) a lot. Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP