The City

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Here's a little secret: San Francisco is my default city on Yahoo Weather and I don't even live there. Not yet, at least (crosses fingers).
This weekend I took a trip to the beautiful city to photograph my friend, Eileen. I also rode BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, for those who aren't familiar with it) for the first time and it was amazing. My other friend who, like me, is not a city girl, accompanied us. It was rather comical because Alma and I stuck out like sore thumbs with all the cameras and "oohs and aahs" and excited glances. But most apparent was the terrible balance we had while riding the buses. Our feet could not stay firmly planted on the ground whereas other people stood stiff as sticks as the bus gyrated sharply from destination to destination.
To be honest, I think that if I ever have the opportunity to move to San Francisco I will always have some tourist-like attitude about it. I've been to San Francisco a handful of times and for some reason I can't outgrow the love at first sight feeling.

The following pictures are a series of film photographs taken with my Minolta x-700. I've been losing my touch with digital and to be completely honest, I don't mind at all.
To view other photographs not featured here, visit my Flickr.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

24 comments:

Ms. B @ Millie Deel February 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Gorgeous photos! I've always wanted to go to SF, one day I'll go there!!

kelly ann February 2, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

i could totally picture myself living in san fran. it's perfect.

my default city on my macbook weather widget is new york. :)

Liz February 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I would love to live in San Fran - it seems so warm there! I need spring now! hahha

evelyn February 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

YAY! that second picture! i took a pic of those exact houses! haha im sure u've seen it or maybe not haha but yeah i am glad you enjoyed a day in the city of san francisco ^_^

much love, evelyn

Kiki February 3, 2010 at 5:34 AM  

I went to SF last summer and fell in love, even though I was only there for about two days. It has so much personality. I can see myself going to college there, maybe. x

emily February 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

wow. so talented!!! i love the bart. those row houses, so gorgeous!! and wow, you really do well with photographs.

IKS February 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

SF is my dream city, and the best place in the world :) I hope and wish to live there, if not in this that in one of my next lives. hopefully...

lovely photos, they do show the talent :)

Anonymous,  February 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

The photos are amazing, and i love the colored houses!!!

Tia in the Sky February 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

I use a minolta too! Film truly has it's magic, I'm not taking as many photos with digital either anymore!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel February 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

Thanks for your comment! I just wanted to let you know that Dillard's now sells most of their wares online now as well as in store, including all of the pieces that I featured so you can have them shipped to you!! For convenience, I also linked the web pages to all of the photos I posted! Let me know if you get anything, they have some really cute stuff this year!

janis February 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

absolutely lovely. especially that first one! you know, i'm hearing more + more people getting back into film. it's fantastic. you are so talented my dear!! have a great weekend.

Amelia February 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

These are really nice. I particularly like the first one. The light is incredible!

Pieces of Me February 6, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

love the photos.
your outfit it so cute!!
great blog

check out- http://thesocialcode.tumblr.com

Faux Naif February 6, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

film photos are a million times better than digital.

and we seem to have very similar world destinations in our hearts - first iceland, now sanfran! i'm DREAMING of going there so badly!

Meg February 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

LOVE san fransisco. hopefully i get to go back soon :)

Kira Aderne February 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

such a beautiful, sweet and fresh images...love all!!!

Susan February 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

lovely shots- you are really talented.
xoxo

Adele February 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

such beautiful pictures! (: xo

Noelle Chantal February 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

beautiful shots! san francisco is a amzing dream city! i would like to go and see that place too. i think there are a lot of things to be interested to this place. you captured really great photos here. the 1st one and the 2nd to the last shots are my fave -beautiful! :)

Diary of a Young Designer February 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I am totally with that song that says "I left my heart in San Francisco". It is indeed such a gorgeous city. =)

Btw would love to invite you to join my giveaway!!

xo
Sophie

Hope Adela Pasztor February 8, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

i love your skirt and your hair! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Amy February 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Your photos are great! I really like the first two - the light is great in both. I've been shooting a lot of film lately and I'm not sure I miss digital either.

themagicalbean February 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

I love your skirt! In fact the whole outfit is adorable! LOVE IT! :D

Jack Daniel February 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

I went to Frisco in summer 2000...so I should go back this summer just to celebrate 10 year anniversary. And...to meet up with you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP