A Voluntary Farewell

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I don't think that I have ever been more willing to bid farewell to a year then this one. 2009 was very significant in a multitude of ways but it brought me a lot of hurt and emotions that I don't want to come into contact with again. This post is not a melancholy tribute to the year that in many levels scarred different platforms of my life, on the contrary. It is a beautiful beginning both for me and my blog. It's too bad that I will be celebrating tonight with a yucky cold. Not the best way to start off the new year but I am very excited nonetheless.
I sincerely wish everybody a beautiful new year. May all your ambitions be projected and may all your goals be fulfilled. Happy New Year!

To finish off the year I am proud to complete the last of the December Photo Series.
A very special person in my life has purchased a a film camera for me (a Canon ae-1) which is on its way in the post as I type this. Assuming the camera works, I will be able to share with you a lot more of my work in film. Also, I have started an online portfolio which you can view here.
Until then, here is December Photo Series pt. 3:

Omar.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Melina.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

Anonymous,  December 31, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Love your site! Poetry in pictures!

Anonymous,  December 31, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

I like the pictures. black and whites are my favorite!


happy new year.

Leah December 31, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Hi there... these are awesome portraits. And the black and white is perfect. Are they shot in film? I believe so because the b/w is film-like... just perfect.

Happy New Year! Hope to see more of your works.

Susan December 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

I LOVE your photos! I wish all your dreams would come true in the new year.
xoxo

Sher December 31, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Your pictures always seem to tell a story. It's wonderful.

A very happy new year to you and may it be a great beginning for you and your beautiful blog:)

Valencia Lia January 1, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

Beautiful people and beautiful photos! I really love love your blog!

Happy New Year to you!

Liz January 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Love the black and white. I actually plan on doing a black and white series centered on my male friend. It will be the first time I work with a guy model hahah. I hope they turn out as well as your pictures did!

Gabbi January 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

Lovely work Crystal, and also, your camera in the post sounds fantastic... a good friend!

Wishing you an amazing year!♥

Amelia January 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

I'm totally done with 2009, too. Wonderful pictures. They seem so meaningful.

Candycane January 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

I'm also glad that 09 has gone - so on with the new year - Have a great 2010!

xXx

Hawa January 4, 2010 at 1:09 AM  

oh i love your photographs, very poetic.....i'm glad 09 is over too, it brought the best things in life to me but twice as much hurt and ain and confusion....looking forward to a lighter new year if you must!

Jack Daniel January 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Hm...you know...you take such interesting pictures. You are definitely one of the people in the world of photography that makes me wanna work harder on taking better pictures. Great series of work and thanks for commenting on my blog.

Best wishes for this year! (and the rest of your life).

D.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP