It Felt Like Home

Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Veteran's Day was spent in San Francisco. I walked the city streets and was surrounded by art, by culture and in some instances by sewage odor. But with every step I took I remembered why I had fallen in love with the city years back when I first visited. I squeal just thinking of the possibility that in two years time I will be calling San Francisco home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Align Center
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

top: F21, skirt: TJ Maxx, leggings: ?, boots: my Mom's

P.S. As far as my novel writing for National Novel Writing Month goes, I am incredibly behind. I should be close to 25,000 and am slightly above 4,000. I have such a pessimistic attitude about finishing on time but I haven't given up yet. I have a feeling that I'm going to have some long nights of word pooping in the not so distant future. Although I will probably not be sharing too much of my writing (due to the fact that it's crap crap crap), I will share this:
The title of my novel is The Honey Tree. I am not fully sure why it is, but it is.
The main character thus far is Luz. She is a doctor in Chicago. She is depressed.
"But there was a body of water that attracted her, excited her and made her eyes glow the brightest shades of caramel. Because for Luz absolutely nothing made her happier then the thought of drowning in the deepest, darkest sea."
I always write about depressed people. Urgh.
But you see, it's Nanowrimo and it's my novel and I can do whatever I want. So if I want to add three little flying gnomes, I can. And since I have to write a full 50,000 word or more by midnight of the last day of November, I probably will add some flying gnomes. Or maybe an obnoxious talking broomstick. I like broomsticks.
Last year I had clones chasing a poor Indian geek-turned-pimp.
I know, I know.



Have a sweet weekend <3

18 comments:

evelyn November 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

you took some very nice photos of your visit to S.F ^_^
good luck writing!
i know i couldn't do it. Im such a horrible writer lol. But you can because you write beautifully.

<3,evelyn

kelly ann November 14, 2009 at 1:07 AM  

such pretty pictures! i love your outfit in the last one, it reminds me of something i would wear. :)

good luck with your writing, dear! i LOVE the title. one of my favorite bands is called the honey trees - they're music is so dreamy and lovely with a hint of sadness. maybe they'll inspire you in some way? :)

Tegan November 14, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

hehe, you call it TJ Maxx. We call it TK Maxx. xo

Susan November 14, 2009 at 4:27 AM  

amazing photos, darling!
and you look adorable, as ever :)
have a lovely weekend, xoxo

Corinna November 14, 2009 at 5:31 AM  

your photos are amazing! sadly i've never been to san francisco...

good luck with your novel

Amy P. November 14, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

I love San Francisco. It's hard not to be enamored by its charm. There is something really magical about that place and the air is so crisp. Feels like possibility in the air. :}

I hope you decide to share more of your novel. I love reading your work!

And I think it's easy to write about depressed people...I think because their tumultuous emotions already give one a foundation to build on? Idk. I want to read this novel about a poor Indian geek-turned-pimp though! Haha.

dotie November 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

These are wonderful pictures..<3<3<3 them all..
what type of camera do you use??

http://eclecticdujour.blogspot.com/

Heather Grace November 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

you are doing better than i did in nanowrimo last year. got to 1000 words-ish, and just gave up. keep going; you can do it! love the pictures as well.

janis November 15, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

absolutely beautiful pictures. and i love that last one of you - so cute!

that's so cool that beth is your cousin! neat. i sure hope the roll of film works out okay...

i was inspired by you to do nanowrimo, but since november is the end of my university term, i just don't think it's going to happen! i love however that nanowrimo is all about not editing - just plowing through and writing...and adding flying gnomes! :)

Sher November 16, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

I really like your pictures, Crystal, they're absolutely beautiful! They make me want to go to San Francisco badly!!

Oh I really applaud you for your participation in nanowrimo! It sounds so terribly exciting, and I agree it's your novel so you can put in anything you like:) Obnoxious talking broomsticks sounds like a great idea!

Roxanne Rosensteel November 17, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

Oh I just love San Francisco! One of my favorite cities, you captured it nicely.

trishie November 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Photos look wonderful, and you look really good too. good luck with the writing.

Unknown November 18, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

hey sweetheart.. lovely post ! :) i'd love to ask you to join my giveaway contest.. please do :))))

xx

Valencia Lia November 18, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Stunning photos and I really love all of them:)
Makes me want to go travelling so soon:)

And all the best with your Novel!! Can't wait to see it all done. Keep it going girl!

I love love your plaid shirt with those boots,very beautiful<3

Sher November 19, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Hi Crystal!

I just want to let you know I received the print and postcards today! They're very lovely, so thank you:)

I'll have to find a frame for the print now!

xx

Kira Aderne November 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Hello girl!

Such a beautiful city that I hope to visit too some day!
you look amazing!!!

all my love,

Kira

Saskia November 23, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

I would love to return to SF one day... I was there once as a child and remember the trams and the steep roads!

How did you get on with writing this weekend? Well I hope!

Have a great week xx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP