Dearest November,

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I was amidst candy eating and picture editing at around 1 in the morning when I realized it was November 1st. Now not only did that signify that the end of the wonderful month of October had come to an end, it also meant that one of the craziest, most insane, most brilliant events was on the brink of unfolding: National Novel Writing Month. For those of you who are unaware of what NaNoWriMo is, I will quickly summarize that it is an event that takes place solely in the month of November where an individual writes a 50,000+ word novel in thirty days. The process is both joyful and painful. Watching your novel unfold at such a quick pace is exhilarating but when you hit the bumps of writer's block, joy and exhilaration are the furthest thing from your mind. I dunno how exactly but last year I somehow completed the task and won. I was one of only three people who were able to finish out of the handful that participated in my High School so this year should be a piece of cake, right? Wrong. So, so wrong. Because I was sick for the past week, I had absolutely no time to plan out anything. I woke up this morning with no plot, no character(s), absolutely nothing in mind. Thankfully I have more direction now that the day is almost over but I have only managed to write a few paragraphs. With my project 365 in full swing, school, blogging, the photo swap and the occasional photo shoot that I do as a part-time job, I can only imagine completing this year's quest to write a 50,000 word novel. But I am going to do it. No matter how many times I rant, I whine or I cry. I'm just going to need a lot of motivation and cheering on. Trust me, this month is going to be brutal.
If any of you are interested or are participating let me know so that I can support you. There is no fee to join. Simply go to the website and make an account where you can read the official rules and update your word count. The rest is all optional. (Another cool thing that I don't want to forget to mention is that you get "pep talks" or emails that different NaNoWriMo authors send so that you won't get discouraged throughout the process. There is a ton of cool features so make sure to check it out.)
I will have a small app that will be displaying my word count on my sidebar. Whenever I post, I will display the little fellow below along with my current writing mood.



Now before I wave a full-hearted hello to November, here are some of yesterday's photos. I was Little Red Riding Hood and I must say that I had a wonderful time in my long red cape. I'm very proud to say that my grandma constructed such a lovely outfit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Outfit details:
Cape, apron & skirt made by my grandma, top is my mom's, white thights from Wal-Mart and Mary Janes are Candies for Kohls.

15 comments:

Zhcsyra hp November 2, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

love these awesome pictures and the outfits are lovely sweet

Paulina November 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

good luck writing this month!!! sounds like a daunting task but I know you can do it!!!!

PS: I love love love your costume!

Thrush Vintage November 2, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

That costume is beyond adorable--the cape alone is amazing.

Rhianne November 2, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

oh my, so much good luck with your writing!!

You look lovely in your costume :)

Kristin November 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Your costume is so incredibly sweet and gorgeous! I love it!

Maria Confer November 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Your costume turned out gorgeous. Your grandma did an amazing job.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  November 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

Your Costume is really cool. I like it a lot. Oh, and Good luck with your Novel.

Liz November 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Wow I love the Little Red Riding Hood cloak. I am absolutely inspired to make an outfit myself ^___^

Good luck with NanoWriMo ^___^

I am considering joining this year, but ahhh,,, rather busy so maybe not hahaha.

Keep up the great blog ^___^

Penelope Nightingale November 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

Your blog is by far one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. And to top it all off, you posted "Her Morning Elegance", which is my most beloved videos!

I'm going to add you to my blog list =).

cody November 3, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

you look so cute(:

xx cody

codyjune.blogspot.com

Unknown November 3, 2009 at 4:53 AM  

too cute! little red riding hood~
happy halloween *belated halloween though*
:D

have a great day..

xx

Kristin November 3, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes! You are such a dear!

Good luck with the 50,000 words! What an incredible challenge for yourself...I cannot even imagine! You will most definitely have to share some of your writing with us, especially since you are the reining champ; that is incredible! :)

Susan November 3, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

you look so lovely :)
have you received my package by the way? :)
have a great day, girl.
xoxo

Victoria November 6, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Amazing pictures !! So adorable !

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP