Farewell Dearest November

Monday, November 30, 2009

November, you were beautiful with your golden leaves and your honey breezes. You made my fingertips and the tips of my nose cold. You broke my heart but gave me a sweet dose of what lies ahead.
The month of November for me was very... filling. Not necessarily
fulfilling because I don't feel a sense of accomplishment. Although a little part of what I'm about to share is (# 7 down below). I recently won the beautiful blogger award from the sweethearted Kelly Ann. I'm supposed to share seven interesting facts about myself but I'm going to change that a little bit and share seven things that occurred during the month of November.



1. I went to San Francisco and my love for the city was renewed. Among the city lights and the busy streets I felt reassured that my desire to transfer there in less than two years was stronger than I thought.

2. Upon receiving some items I won from a giveaway, I realized just how wonderful blogging can be and how the friendships you form through the medium are very beautiful.

3. I cried and cried and cried.

4. I ordered a camera online. Nothing fancy but I'm really excited to begin shooting film!
5. I chose my classes for next semester and swooned over the fact that I will be having a very artistic schedule (photography, drama, a poetry class).
6. I drove on the freeway for the first time.

7. Perhaps my greatest accomplishment was finishing my novel. For those of you who read my blog you know I participated in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month). For those of you who do not know what it is, it's a crazy event that occurs in the month of November where a person tries to write a 50,000+word novel during the span of that month. I completed my novel with a good hour and half to spare before the deadline. My word count was 50,143. This makes it the second time I've participated in Nanowrimo and the second time I've won as well.

I know part of the award is to tag seven other bloggers but I'm not big on tagging. You're welcome to tag yourself if you would like though.
The pictures below were taken in two orchards near my house. I was pleasantly surprised when I came across the second orchard that was hidden behind the first. The trees covered in yellow leaves seemed endless. It was so beautiful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Outfit details: Skirt & flannel shirt from F21, tights from Costco, bracelet from the King Tut gift shop at the De Young Museum, worker boots from a factory here in my town.

11 comments:

Liz December 3, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Lovely Lovely photographs! What camera did you buy? I always want to use film cause my dad has a wonderful Nikon SLR, but it is so expensive to buy!

evelyn December 4, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

i really love your pictures. i always do.
glad you loved SF :) and yay for shooting film!

Penny Lane December 4, 2009 at 3:08 AM  

congrats!! you DO deserve it. everytime i visit this site, the word that comes to my mind is "beautiful". love those photos =)

PL ♥

Saskia December 4, 2009 at 3:57 AM  

Ooh the camera looks really fab!! Let us see the results when you've taken a roll!!

LOVE the last photo of you.

Have a good weekend xx

Corinna December 4, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

the colous of your skirt is beautiful

emily December 4, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

i love new cameras :) and i love these photos of you

Maria Confer December 4, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Congratulations on your award.

These photos are stunning. You are such a pretty girl.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Valencia Lia December 5, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Congrats on your blog award and so happy for you won with your winning novel written ! you're so talented.

And gorgeous photos taken.I really love your plaid shirt with that skirt <3

Susan December 6, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

congrats on the award- well deserved! :)
these photos are beautiful.
xoxo

Amelia December 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Wow, congrats on Nanowrimo! I adore the 2nd picture :)

molly December 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

such cute pics! and i love that your tights are from costco. hehehe. congrats on your novel and i'm glad i found your blog!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP