The Black Spot Books

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I've always loved Antler Magazine for its rich diversity of artists featured in each publication. While reading various interviews in the newest edition, Margaux Kent's quickly made its way to my favorites. Perhaps because I am an avid book/journal lover myself or a lover of things handmade, I decided I had to further my search. My first stop was her Etsy shop where she sells all her creations that range from journals to jewelery to photography.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I then visited Etsy's handmade blog, The Storque, where I stumbled upon a video about the process of her work (which is really neat). You can view the video here or you can watch the same video which I have provided below.
I was also very pleased to discover that, like me, she is a vegetarian. Thus, when she makes her leather bound journals she does not purchase new hides. Instead she hunts for old leather and personally, I think that makes her work even more profound.
Margaux also owns another Etsy shop where she sells vintage finds. I encourage you to visit Plundered to find a variety of vintage treasures.




P.S. Make sure to check out the short film she and her husband made entitled "An Ever-Sure Antidote To Despair". It is so good.

13 comments:

kelly ann November 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

oh my, that first etsy shop is divine! that necklace w/ the little books/journals on it is incredible! i'm definitely saving these to my favorites!

Anonymous,  November 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

etsy is fun! good luck.

Valencia Lia November 29, 2009 at 2:29 AM  

Wowww,that's so so interesting and she makes such beautiful journals ! I loved the video tooo <3

Sher November 29, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Oh I really love that you are a journal lover! I also like your keen appreciation to all the treasures in this post! You're such a special person, Crystal:)

Susan November 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

this is so interesting, darling!
have fun :)
xoxo

Tegan November 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

hey! your blog is so cool, I've tagged it for an award on my blog :)

Liz November 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Her work is amazing :D

IKS December 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

oh my god! book necklace... im a real book worm and i would so so like to have one of these. im in love. little itsy bitsy teeny tiny and gorgeous. i love it so much!

kelly ann December 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

you've been given a beautiful blogger award over at my blog, dear :) <3

Simply Mel {Reverie} December 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

I am a lover of beautifully hand-made journals. Since my little crumb was born, I write a daily entry of her life as it blossoms, and one day, I will hand them to her to cherish forever and always.

Christina December 2, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

those little books necklace are too sweet!
good news, you won my last giveaway (beth cyr's pendant). i tried to find your email address but i can't find it anywhere. could you please email me at downandoutchic@gmail.com? thank you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP