New Beginnings

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First, I decided I would open up my own Weardrobe account. After little contemplation I decided "What the heck" and opened up a Chictopia account as well. I'm really loving both and I think they are just what I need in terms of developing my clothing style. I know I have it in me to compose beautiful outfits (or at least those that I find beautiful) but in reality self-consciousness and plain old laziness sometimes get the best of me. I'm in the midst of a new chapter in my life and I want to work my way to becoming everything I know I am capable of and more. This blog has already helped me in endless ways and seeing such beautiful females of all ages, body shapes and ethnicities displaying their style and the bits and pieces of themselves is so inspiring. I can only hope that one day I will be as inspiring to other bloggers. But for now I'm growing- as a young woman and as a blogger. I don't mind it at all though because it's through this process that I will figure the routes necessary to one day reach all the destinations I dream of.

The next series of pictures were taken at a local mansion turned museum. The beautiful architecture caught my attention ever since I had first seen it so I was delighted to make it my backdrop for today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


shirt- Forever 21
skirt- local clothing store
tights- Target
faux leather boots- Ross
Jewelry- vintage

22 comments:

evelyn September 22, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

:O
you dress so wonderfully! ughhh i am horrible at putting pieces of clothing together..i try tho.Trying to improve my way of dressing up hehe. but I as well feel self concious n lazy at times -__-. I love the shirt Crystal! & you chose a nice place for your photos! =]

& i agree we'll have fun taking photos of the things we see, us perhaps =D n we could stop by Tea Garden for bubble teas!
^-^
<3

Amy P. September 22, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

I know how you feel! I am in the works of getting to the point where I am living out of my vision of fashion and lifestyle. My laziness/self-consciousness is too an obstacle, though...so it's slow.


Mmm, I can't wait to see how your style will change and develop. And with your photography skills to aid the way, you will for sure be an inspiration. :}

Susan September 23, 2009 at 2:49 AM  

oh you look lovely, dear!
x

Maria Confer September 23, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

You are very wise. Sometimes we try to force things to happen faster, but sometimes it's the process that's important.

That mansion is gorgeous and you are stunning! How much do I love your squirrel tee and boots!!

lululetty.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  September 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

good job on the ross boots. i like.

Laura Mullins September 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

ooo, that first photo with the leaves is so perfectly fall! i love it (:

p.s. i love your plum tights- that's one of my favorite colors to wear!

Kaitlyn September 23, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

love your outfit! im actually wearing that shirt right now

yiqin; September 24, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

The shape of the skirt is so rad!

Anonymous,  September 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

aww thanks =) I'm a bit proud of her! Well, all you can do is try, drawing is fun + the more you practice the better you get, believe me I've practiced ALOT xx

Helen September 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

i know what you mean! i believe i have a potential to put some great outfits together but i do not feel like putting makeup on, doing my hair, and going outside & asking someone to take photos etc. lol and don't worry you are inspiring, this post alone inspires me to quit being lazy! haha oh and you're the first blogger from california i've seen so far. hooray :)

Elaine September 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Great pictures and a great outfit :) And I definitely understand where you're coming from! I think a lot of fashion bloggers out there do...so you're not alone!

esme and the laneway September 24, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Lovely pictures and I love your skirt :)

Kira Aderne September 25, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

oh Crystal!
You look and you are so beautiful!!!
I do love this cool shirt and the skirt! Very well matched sweet girl!

Love,

Kira

Big Dadddy September 25, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Like your outfit, super cute. Love how you did the purple tights instead of just regular black, chic!

Sher September 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Oh dearest, if only you knew how much your posts always inspire me! I'm in awe of the beauty you capture in your pictures, they always look amazing!!

I'm also in Weardrobe and Chictopia but I'm a rather lazy and inactive member:P If you don't mind, I will add you on both accounts, I'm quite friendless at the moment:)

~h~ September 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

I am so happy to see that you started a fashion blog! Well, two, no? I peeked at the first one and loved the photograph of you in red tights and a skirt before the silo. So pretty. But these shots of you sitting on the window box and before those white doors are tres jolie as well. You have great style that is seemingly affordable as well. That's always a winner. Enjoy your weekend. And thank-you for being kind enough to comment on my son's health. It was very much appreciated. :)

Little Bo Peeep September 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Awww this is gorgeous! I love your outfit and you look so cute :)
Yes i actually started LookBook and Weardrobe too, it's very inspiring seeing people's outfit!

Carmen September 28, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

Your skirt is gorgeous!

Carmen.xx.

Patty Ann September 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

this outfit is sooooo cute
i love the boots especially
are you from SoCal??? i'm from LA!! :)
xx

Enter my Giveaway

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP