Los Campesinos

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My current musical obsession at the moment, without a doubt, has to be Los Campesinos. They are a seven member indie pop group originated from Wales. They formed back in 2006 and in only a couple years time they have drawn their mark in the indie music scene.
I love them for their non-mainstream attitude, for their catchy beats and fun lyrics. Besides, there is just something about the English that make me think they are bloody amazing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




I love how they are malleable enough to be able to drift away from their usual mood and produce a wonderfully written song about a more touching aspect. This won me over even more profoundly after I heard The Sea Is a Good Place To Think About The Future.




If you like what you've heard, here is a list of other Los Campesinos songs that I believe are worth listening to:

1. You! Me! Dancing
2. Sweet Dreams Sweet Cheeks
3. Please Don't Tell Me To Do The Maths
4. This Is How You Spell "Hahaha"
5. Broken Heart Beats Sound Like Break Beats

If you know any bands, especially those that are from outside the United States, please do share. Most of my favorite music is foreign & I always love to discover knew bands I haven't heard of before.


Images via {here}& {here}.

11 comments:

claradevi September 17, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

I love your music reviews :)
Will definitely check them out after this. My friend had told me once about this band but I never really have a chance to give them attention... So thanks to you for the reminder <3

Anonymous,  September 17, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Nice! i LOVE that first photo..

Susan September 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

wow, pretty amazing! I haven't known them before, thanks for sharing :))
xoxo

t.g.s September 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

awww
these songs make me smile :)
i really like them

maybe you'll like operator please and bluejuice, they're both from australia
and i gotta say say anything, cause they're like my favourite band and they're from the US

Kristin September 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

I actually saw another blogger post on them not too long ago....I am so freaking out of touch with music!! I used to seek out new bands all of the time, and I have just become complacent with the same stuff for the last few months. They look like a band I would like....I am definitely going to check them out!

A September 18, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

I like the photos so maybe I'd best check out their music too then!

Kira Aderne September 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Hello Cool girl!

THanks a million for being so sweet to me :) You are fantastic and have a great taste about all!
I am so like you, love to find out a new cool group and I am listening the videos and so far so great!
I may upload them!
Thanks a so much for the cool tip!

Have a great weekend and all,

Kira

Jayne September 18, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Wow, really good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Also, thanks so much for visiting my blog. :) You've got quite a prodigious one yourself!

Diane September 19, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

I, too, had a thing with Los Campesinos! not too long ago. I've since then stopped following them after their EP and although I bought a copy of "Hold On Now, Youngster..." I still have yet to listen to it. "You Me Dancing!" is definitely still one of the best songs I've heard within the last few years.

As for band recommendations...you may like Fanfarlo. They're an indie pop band from the UK and are absolutely FANTASTIC! There's a slew of other bands I could recommend, I know this for sure, but for some reason my mind is drawing a blank at the moment! If you like indie/electro-pop, you should check out Neon Indian, they're pretty awesome. Most of what I've been listening to has been American bands but I do do music posts on my blog from time to time (I have a regular feature called "Music Monday" on er, Mondays) so perhaps you can take a look!

Thanks for commenting, visiting, and following me! You've got a lovely blog and I'm definitely looking forward to more posts and music stuffs.

Rhianne September 24, 2009 at 5:26 AM  

I love los camps! I've seen them twice now and both times they were brilliant. They had amazing stage presense!

I'm going to recommend Bat for Lashes mainly because I can't stop listening to her at the moment - I have no idea if you will like it or not :)

Helen September 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

what do you think is the best album by them?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP