A Night To Remember

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yesterday I went to my first official concert. But you see, this wasn’t just any concert. No way. It was a concert of three bands that I knew and listened to. Two of those bands are one of my favorites. I got to see Andrew Bird who has amazing musical talent (he knows how to play SO many instruments), Ra Ra Riot, who are the owners of two songs that I’m completely crazy about at the moment, and most importantly, I was able to see one of my favorite bands of all time: Death Cab for Cutie! OH MY GOODNESS! I dunno if I’ll be just as crazy about them years from now, but for the past couple of years they have been my idols. Ben Gibbard has a way with words which easily makes him one of my absolute favorite lyricists of all time. I mean c’mon, the man wrote songs like “What Sarah Said”, “Cath”, and “I Will Follow You Into the Dark”. How can I not swoon over that? Oh, and he’s marrying another one of my idols, Zooey Deschanel. He is just so perfect. The only bad thing about last night was my choice of footwear. Maybe it was because I didn’t really know what to expect or because I had originally thought the concert was going to be in a grassy area, but I wore some flat, hard-soled sandals. However, I wasn’t the only with who had throbbing feat; my friend Kaci also made the same mistake. At one point she turned to me and said, “I would be enjoying this concert so much more if my feet weren’t killing me. It feels like I‘m stepping on knives.” I automatically agreed. We tried our hardest to make the best out of the situation by taking off our shoes and stepping on a blanket. It temporarily relieved our pain but it came back just as vicious. Honestly though, I didn’t let it get to me. How could I possibly when the most amazing of amazing human beings was only a couple dozen feet away from me? One of the may things I loved about last night was just how beautiful all three bands sounded live. They all sounded just like they do on the radio, CD's, etc. To me, that is vastly important because it signifies true talent. But yes, all in all, last night was amazing. I could not have asked for a better first concert.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP