Nostalgia in Black & White

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I was sixteen when a camera became more then just a rectangular box of metal. I had been attracted to the concepts of photography before but for some reason I started to become more attached to photography and all the possibilities that tagged along with it during my sixteenth year of life. I was solely used to writing as a form of expression but I soon discovered that living behind a lens could be just as exhilarating.
Below are some scans from photos I took my junior year of high school. Looking at them gives me a subtle feeling of nostalgia. I've been away from a dark room for nearly two years now only fulfilling my cravings by shooting digital. And although it has been extremely rewarding, I firmly believe that shooting film is even more so. It's a good thing I will be in a dark room again once the new college semester begins.

Bleachers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Shoes
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lila
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yosemite National Park
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

Saskia January 13, 2010 at 4:05 AM  

Gorgeous photos Crystal. I too love shooting in film... there's something so wonderful about the quality of the image, and the colours of colour film, that you just don't quite get with a digital camera, no matter how good.

xx

janis January 13, 2010 at 5:17 AM  

crystal - i was just talking with a friend about how i have NEVER been in a dark room + i've always always wanted to. these photos are so beautiful - i love that first one especially.

secondly, i love your new layout. it looks fantastic!

emily January 13, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

wow. they are gorgeous. love that last one.

Kristin January 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

Yowzer! You are soooo talented! These photos are absolutely stunning!

Liz January 13, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I never worked in a dark room before (maybe i should one day!) These are amazing! Black and White = LOVE

evelyn January 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

aww i love these photos :)

M. January 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

very nice pictures!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  January 13, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

amazing pictures. i've always wanted to work in a dark room, and it's cute how you started early.

kelly ann January 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

these are so stunning, dear. just gorgeous. there is nothing like film, especially in black and white! and there is something about being in a dark room that is so fulfilling, so calming, so peaceful. i haven't been in a dark room for a couple of years now and i miss it so much!

Susan January 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

j'adore b&w... so classy & fabulous.
have a sweet day, xoxo

Jack Daniel January 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

You know, I just LOVE film photography.

sarah b February 10, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

mmm, there's just something a little magical about black and whites, isn't there?
xo

http://thegaminechronicles.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP