Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I feel like I've been on my deathbed the past couple of days. I unfortunately caught the swine flu and have been confined to a torture chamber of fever, body aches, cough, boogers and everything else that sounds unpleasant. To top it off, Mother Nature just didn't want to wait to deliver that monthly gift she so generously gives me every month.
Thankfully I'm feeling okay enough at the moment to take advantage and squeeze in a little blogging. My head is still a bit fuzzy and my stomach is still horribly unsettled. However, I cannot hide that I've started feeling the anticipation of Halloween which is a couple days away (I'm just hoping that I will be recovered enough to be able to enjoy Halloween for the wonderful holiday it is).
I've decided this year I'm going to be Little Red Riding Hood. Below is a little sneak peak of my costume that is almost entirely made by my grandma.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've somehow failed to mention that I'm taking part in the photoswap hosted by the lovely Rhianne of For the easily distracted. My excitement increased when she recently emailed me to let me know that my photoswap partner is a fellow from South Africa! My mind is already bubbling with ideas of possible photos and I cannot wait to see what he has come up with.

Also thanks to Rhianne, I found out about another amazing swap going on in a girl and her blog. With Christmas in the distant future, what is sweeter then a gift swap? If you are interested, you can sign up here.

And just because Autumn is still is not over, here are a few Autumn inspired pieces that I've added to my covet list.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1*| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

*If anyone knows the Etsy shop these gloves are from, please let me know ASAP.


Lastly, if you haven't already noticed, I did change my blog title. That would make this the third time I've changed it since I first made a blog almost a year ago. I promised myself that this would be the last time and honestly, I think it will. I'm quite content with the name.

P.S. Remember that you have until Friday to enter the latest giveaway I'm hosting. If you haven't entered yet do so here.

9 comments:

trishie October 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

Oh dear, sounds like you're terribly sick. hope you get better soon!

Paulina October 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Oh no! I am so so so sorry that you have been sick, how awful! I am sending many healing thoughts your way.

Also, I am super pumped about the photo swap, I actually got paired with carley from a girl and her blog, I am so excited!!

Maria Confer October 28, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

I hope you Get Well Soon!

The sneak peek of your costume is very exciting!

lululetty.blogspot.com

Susan October 29, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

I totally love the new name :)
hope you get weel soon!
xoxo

kelly ann October 29, 2009 at 3:10 AM  

oh my goodness that's awful!
i really hope you feel better in no time! <3

Corinna October 29, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

i hope you're well soon, in time for halloween!

Anonymous,  October 29, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

oh my goodness! i'm so sorry you got sick!! ohh please get better.

~h~ October 31, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

I hope you feel better today. Because it's Halloween afterall and that's not a good day to be sick! But you won my blog giveaway~so maybe that will make your day a little better. :) You can email me your mailing address at: egan99@hotmail.com and I'll ship it out to you on Monday.
~p.s. I have those gloves in white. They are made by my friend Rebekah at littlebirdvintage. They are so soft and warm. You can find her on my blog.~

Jeanne Oliver October 31, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Beautiful choices for fall. Glad that you are on the mend...it sounds so horrible. Can't wait to see your costume.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP