The Gray Coat & Stop Motion Photography

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I had such a wonderful time yesterday walking around in my long coat. Sometimes all it takes is a pretty outfit to boost confidence. While working at my Anthropology Club book sale fundraiser, I accidentally made a boo boo on my tights. At least now I have a liable excuse to purchase new ones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Outfit details:
Coat- Piko 1988 via a boutique in Mexico
V-Neck- Local Clothing Boutique
Skirt- Bloom
Tights- Wal Mart
Shoes- Target

After reading an article on stop motion photography on Photojojo and browsing through some videos on YouTube, I came to the conclusion that sometime in the near future I would love to make my own short film using stop motion. I'm still unsure of the story line I want to aim for so I have some brainstorming to do. Out of the batch of videos I've seen, the ones featured below are the ones I find to be the most inspiring. I baffle every time I think about the ridiculously large amount of pictures required to fill in just one minute of a stop motion video. See for yourself...








16 comments:

Anonymous,  October 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

that's a fantastic skirt!
and i loooove that oren lavie video.
i was a film major and we briefly learned how to do stop motion photography... i love it!

evelyn October 2, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

you dress so wonderfully nice Crystal! I adore that jacket :O mexico huh? its soo nice! n the skirt too. =)

<3, evelyn

oh n have a awesome weekend too!!

Sher October 3, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

That's a lovely gray coat and you look so pretty in your swirly skirt holding the autumn leaf! I wish I had a skirt just like that:)

I've seen the Oren Lavie video before and was so amazed by it! I mean, with the amount of time and work that goes into making that video, I can't help but feel in awe.

Happy weekend dear!

Anonymous,  October 3, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

lovely outfit..great coat & skirt :)

those stop motion films are amazing...but you're right, the sheer amount pictures & the time it would take to put such a film togther would be immense! it'd be fun doing your own though, i think you should give it a go!

thanks for visiting my blog, i really love what i've seen of yours so i'll be adding you to my blog roll :)

Susan October 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

love that coat- you look lovely as ever!
xoxo

Anonymous,  October 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

ooo i love the leaves!!!

maryse October 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

beautiful tones on your photos! and yes! stop motions are wonderful. i made one last summer but it was pretty short. i only had 70 photos. it was fun though. will do more.

Anonymous,  October 4, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

love that skirt! its gorgeous and feminine, LOVE

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse October 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Lovely outfit and I adore your coat!

Carmen October 4, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

I love your coat and skirt, they're pretty together.

Carmen.xx.

shopruche.com October 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM  

owww love the outfit and beautiful photography!

Zhcsyra hp October 5, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

the first pictr is gorg nd very pretty :))

i love ur blazer,shirt nd that awesome skirt <33

Eliza October 5, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

hello, dear :) those photos of you are so lovely. i adore your skirt and the coat and how you put the tones so autumn-like. i guess that your future stop motion film would be amazing :) i love stop motion films. and you must absolutely try to do one. much love <3

Marta Castellanos October 5, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

It´s a beautiful coat!!I have bought a very nice one and i´m looking forward wearing it, but still is too hot here!!
I like your blog!Now i´m following you!

xoxo

www.meencantamiropa.blogspot.com

Courtney October 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

I've been DYING to make one of these too! I was inspired by the Oren Lavie video and a wedding invitation I saw on someone's blog that was done in stop motion on Vampire Weekend's M79. I could watch those over and over again. I've seen the Pen story before too. Amazing.

I'm just trying to come up with a great idea and the time!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP