Clementine

Thursday, October 8, 2009

There is no history between you and me
But a scribbled breath
A folded note
Tucked away between the cracks of my floorboards
sweet silver treasure.
I keep a strand of your hair in my locket
And the memory of your lit eyes brewing like grains of sand on my palms.
Clementine, I can hear your steady breaths when I walk between shadows.
I sleep in graveyards comforted by a decaying epitaph
that cradles what could have been,

what will never be.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

© Crystal Ball

12 comments:

Anonymous,  October 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

wow... thought provoking. i love the symbolism of the necklace/braid combination.
thanks lady...

Anonymous,  October 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

this is so so beautiful xx

Maria Confer October 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Gorgeous images!

Did you write that poem? It's completely amazing.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Sher October 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

It's great to see another glimpse of who you are through your poems and images, dear. Your words are as beautiful as you are:)

Jayne October 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

that was simply lovely. :)

also, i've tagged you!
http://rattymoleskines.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-am-so-down-with-honesty.html

Amy P. October 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

This is beautiful Crystal! I love your usage of photography to compliment your poetry.

I love the sensory details of this verse "the memory of your lit eyes brewing like grains of sand on my palms."

And that necklace is so beautiful. Crystal Ball.

Kristin October 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous....as always!

claradevi October 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

crystal, you're another dreamy one. beautiful soul... :)

IKS October 9, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

beautiful amazing so special :) loved it!

Carmen October 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

You're pictures are so pretty. ♥ them.

Carmen.xx.

Jennifer October 20, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

Oooh Wreck This Journal = awesomme! I have it tooo ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP