Saturday Adventures

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I had my fair share of adventures this Saturday. I started my day with IHOP pancakes, as I previously mentioned in Three-Six-Five. My Goddaughter, Jenny and I then went to the downtown historic part of a nearby town and visited a couple thrift shoppes, vintage inspired decor shoppes, and a historic museum. She insisted on being my photographer & I wasn't about to complain. All in all, I think she did a wonderful job for a twelve year old.



What I'm wearing: Forever 21 top and sunglasses, AE boyfriend jeans, flats from Target



Old cameras = LOVE.

While waiting for the museum to open, the humid weather got the best of us. To cool off, I took Jenny to a lovely bistro I've visited before and we sipped some of the best lemonade I've ever had.


In the historical museum I spotted what looked like a torture device. A kind, older lady who volunteers at the museum told me that it was a perm machine! She said that her first perm was with one of these when she was just twelve years old.


Hopefully all you guys enjoyed your weekend.
What did you do this weekend?

12 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse August 23, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Very cute! You would never guess those were snapped by a twelve-year-old...but then maybe we underestimate those preteens once we move beyond their age group...

NicRTV (陳亞任) August 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

looks like you both had fun....I always enjoy museums....nice photos u got....:)

Amelia August 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

Cute top! I like that it ties in the back. I love old cameras!!!

Susan August 24, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

lovely photos! I love them, really.
have a great week, xoxo

claradevi August 24, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

These are great! I can't even remember myself when I was twelve - probably i was too busy doing stupid things, LOL!
The colour tone is beautiful, adore them!

evelyn August 24, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

aww u look absolutely beautiful! i think your hair looks great <3 and i love the shirt :o !

i am glad you had a great weekend.
:)

Elaine August 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

So cool!!! Sounds like you guys had such a good time. I love your pictures. And your goddaughter's pictures. What a great photographer! And the perming machine looks like a distorted electric chair....hahaha
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Amy P. August 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Your goddaughter did a good job! I love your striped top :}. And that perm chair is an awesome contraption. Looks like something from a sci-fi movie.

yiqin; August 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

I get so excited to see old cameras!!!

Suzi A August 25, 2009 at 2:11 AM  

Thanks for your comment on my blog - great posts too by the way, lovely photos :)

Anonymous,  August 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

nice shots. i love the old cameras too. they are beautiful

Sara August 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

your hair looks so cute!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP