A Book I Shall Not Read

Monday, August 10, 2009




You were real in my sleep
Like a paperback on a shelf you stood still
I approached you, my heart making waves and reflections
My cheeks smelled of Spring, the trees in my eyes, the roses on my lips
And your hands look like Autumn, the dirt in your hair, the honey leaves on your lashes
We could have run away and crawled inside a house of grass
Our eyes would have turned into a million shades of emerald
Our shadows would have danced with the moonlight on still waters
But like a paperback on a shelf, you stood still
And when I pulled you from the rest and turned a single page
You left paper cuts on the tips of my fingers
So I tucked you away between a tragedy and a fairytale
And woke up with sore hands, the smell of Spring deep in my sheets.

© Crystal Ball

5 comments:

Amy P. August 10, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

That was beautiful. My favorite parts:

"the honey leaves on your lashes
We could have run away and crawled inside a house of grass
Our eyes would have turned into a million shades of emerald"

"You left paper cuts on the tips of my fingers/So I tucked you away between a tragedy and a fairytale"

Ohhh, I love it!

Unknown August 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

great! great! lovely post and words.. so sweet..

xx

Mahmood Syed Faheem August 11, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

God is Great. Best wishes.
I wanted to follow your blog but the widget is not working. I will try after sometime.

http://www.thedynamicnature.com

mai August 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM  

beautiful words, with very lovely photos!

evelyn August 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

wow that was very good! and the first photo i love it :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP