The Beauty of Bare

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nadia Auermann

Amber Valleta

Cindy Crawford

Claudia Schiffer


Harper's Bazaar recently did an article about top-notch supermodels sans makeup. It was both inspiring and beautiful to see familiar faces stripped away from layers of makeup that is usually painted on their face for editorials, the runway, etc. Check out the article to read their beauty secrets. Although I don't cover my face with loads of makeup, I honestly don't feel fully comfortable leaving my house without a bit of foundation covering the areas of my face that are prone to get red and a couple coats of mascara. That is something I need to work on getting over because I want to accept my self for who I am and dig for any natural beauty I might be blessed with. All this au naturel talk reminds me a lot of an older post that Ev'yan from apricot tea wrote. She linked The Demoiselles and a post they did about taking pictures of yourself makeup-less. It was so inspiring to see real women be fearless by taking pictures of their natural selves AND posting them up for the world to see. I think the female population could learn a thing or two from them.

Do you wear makeup? Do you feel beautiful without it?

9 comments:

Susan August 17, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

I love makeup and I don't really feel comfortable without my concealer beacause of the dark circles around my eyes... but these women are really lovely without it :)
I love your blog, thanks for stopping by mine, I added you to my blogroll :)
have a lovely week, xoxo

Anonymous,  August 17, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

ohh i love this post. i think amber is especially gorgeous. i would always wear make-up (not a lot at a time, but always) until i lived in italy for a little while and the women i came to admire most didn't wear a drop of make up and i thought they were positively gorgeous.

for about 3 years now i haven't worn make up save for about 10 total times (my wedding day included). sometimes i feel really ugly without it... but I kind of don't remember that it exists sometimes.

i have friends who wear a lot of make up and i've seen them without and i think they looks so much better that way.

that's just me. thanks for this post lovely lady!

Amelia August 17, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

So inspirational and they really don't need makeup they're absolutely stunning without.
Claudia Schiffer is by far my favourite model of the three she just looks so natural and relaxed.
I must admit to feeling bare leaving the house without makeup but I believe that if you apply it well and look after your skin by taking it off properly and hydrating it's fine.
Meelzy

Amelia August 17, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

These are so pretty! I never wear makeup. Even with just concealer and mascara, I don't feel like I look like myself, which I don't like.

evelyn August 17, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

nice post!
i like natural beauty.
& i don't wear makeup

Eliza August 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

i have to tell you first that your comment made me very happy - it's amazing to know that you could relate to what i wrote, and that you liked it! :')

and this post is really interesting too. usually we don't see them without make-up... and they are beautiful without it as well! :) i couldn't say that i wear make-up. usually i only emphasize my eyes because they are big and pop out and if i use the right make-up it gives me the feeling i look somehow more like a drawing! :)) strange feeling, i know. but it's how i like it :) ♥

Amy P. August 17, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

I really enjoy your posts; what you decide to discuss about always piques my interest!

I think those models look beautiful without their makeup. So bare and honest. So clean...fresh looking.

Hmm...I wear makeup when I feel like it. Usually just eye makeup to accentuate my eyes, but I don't wear it all the time. I'm extremely low maintenance. I also don't feel the need to impress others, or cover myself up for them...I have a hard enough time trying to be good to myself, haha.

Unknown August 18, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

i dont wear makeup, i'm too lazy! but i like it.. i dont have to worry about rubbing my face accidentally and smudging my makeup or getting wet in the rain and getting smudged makeup.. etc. what you see is what you get! haha! ;P

Liz August 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

i wear make up when i go out but its usually just consisting of foundation, concealer and eyeliner. but most of the times when im at home or just going to uni i dont wear any make up.. just cant b bothered waking up earlier to put powder on :P
these ladies are still so hot without make up, esp cindy crawford&claudia schiffer!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP