Land of Ice

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have the deepest urge to travel to Iceland. Deep, deep, deep.
Although not the "traditional" travel destination, my strong fascination began when I caught a glimpse of a photograph of the grass houses. I could almost feel the crisp Iceland air turning my cheeks the softest shade of pink, tangling the ends of my hair.
I could just imagine the high I would get amid the glaciers, the grass houses, the rolling hills, the Northern Lights, the gorgeous azure skylines, the jaw-dropping waterfalls, the beautiful people.
My camera would be exhausted afterward. The pages in my journal would be, too.
I think my eyes would turn greener from all the beauty.
And the music? Well two of the most amazing bands share their roots in Iceland. Sigúr Ros and Múm would, without a doubt, be my soundtrack.

So to leave you with a little feel of my Icelandic love, I'm sharing just a few of the insanely gorgeous views and a little bit of what Iceland has to offer. If you would like to learn more, visit this Icelandic travel website.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic






All images via Google image search.

20 comments:

kimi January 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

oh my goodness.
it looks so beautiful!
I want to go to Iceland now too!
the photographs are just incredible! Thanks for sharing! xx

Christina January 28, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

That's the kind of country I want to visit too,especially Scandinavia,not a commont destination but it seems to fascinate me..! Really nice photos!

katieleigh January 28, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

it looks so picturesque. and some pretty awesome muso's come from there as well :) so it has to be good!

Kira Aderne January 28, 2010 at 4:55 AM  

So beautiful images, I wish I can see some snow at the beggining of march!!!
many kisses sweet girl :)

Faux Naif January 28, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

ooh this is wonderful! i've ALWAYS wanted to go to iceland - i totally get you; people are always telling me that's such a weird place to want to go to, but i feel this really deep pull towards there. thanks for your comment, by the way!

Clara Campelo January 28, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

omg! amazing pics!
i love it
xx

Sher January 28, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Oh Iceland is magical indeed! And I can imagine you feeling so at home doing the things you described. I hope you get to realize this dream of yours one day:)

Tia in the Sky January 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

you've just inspired me to add another destination to my "must-visit" list.

Anonymous,  January 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

these photos are breathtaking! you are so lucky!

Liz January 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

OMGosh - these photos are to die for. If you go to Iceland, let me tag along! I can hide in your suitcase! <3

emily January 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

ummm now i want to go!!!!

Mo January 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

I agree. It looks like a chillingly beautiful place to visit. Such stark contrasts.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse January 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

One day, hopefully! It definitely seems like a cool place to visit.

Vanessa January 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

so beautiful. I want to travel there, and everywhere else. Seeing the world is my goal in life! 8)

MaryBeth Houlihan January 29, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

me too! lovely photos and great blog.

happy friday!

Amy January 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

I'm with you on this one. I saw some photos last year of the beach and the shoreline houses and I was sold. I'd love to go there soon to take pictures. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos.

Have a great weekend!

fasha comeback again January 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

Droping by to say hi.. :) I have new post in section news..Read.. Thanks :)
follow my blog..
follow my blog..
follow my blog please

kelly ann January 30, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

oh i am drooling over these photos. iceland is SO gorgeous! i would love to go there someday and explore it's beauty.

LOVE these bands. love them! i've used sigur ros in so many film projects and their songs just take my breath away.

Jack Daniel February 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Great post, Cyrstal. My love for your blog grows with every visit!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP