Spring Semester

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Film Series:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I started Spring semester two days ago and quite frankly I am really enjoying my classes. My schedule is packed with artsy classes that range from art history (with a 70 year old five foot tall potty mouthed professor who has already won my heart) to a poetry class filled with beautiful words and a colorful spectrum of people. My drama classes seem like they are going to be wildly entertaining (I got goosebumps walking into the auditorium and seeing the stage where I will hopefully be performing many times. It sure beats the old and rickety cafeteria stage that I performed in when I was in High School). And lastly, my photography class which is stressing me out because of all the supplies I have to purchase. Just the slightest thought of being inside a darkroom, however, puts me in a doze of blind amnesia so that every click of the "place order" button on different websites feels a lot less painful.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that being in such an artistic environment will not only make me a better writer/photographer/actress, but it will also help aid me to figure out a little more about myself, to give me a stronger feel for what it is I want to do with my knowledge, my thoughts, my dreams, my life.
Things are pretty hectic at the moment considering the semester has just begun. Everywhere I look I see long lines that remind me that I have an overwhelming amount of stuff to do. Once things settle down a bit and I get myself into the swing of things, I will hopefully be starting up a little feature I've had in mind for a while. I'm so excited- especially considering it involves a lot of the things I love the most.

P.S. If you shoot film what brand(s) is/are your favorite and/or where do you purchase your film?

22 comments:

kelly ann January 21, 2010 at 1:23 AM  

love, these are INCREDIBLE!
the first two and the one of the geese with the orange-pink tone on the side are absolutely amazing. they're all great. you are so talented, sweetie. :)

i am totally blanking on what film i used in the past (which is sad, because that means it's been way too long! i need to start using my film cameras again)... but if i remember i'll let you know :) i always bought my film at this place called prophoto because it was the cheapest i could find.

Saskia January 21, 2010 at 3:07 AM  

WOW!! Crystal!!

These photos are so wonderful. The first one I especially love...

Saskia xx

Saskia January 21, 2010 at 3:11 AM  

PS I use Kodak for my colour film... 35mm ISO100 or ISO200...

For Black and white film I use Ilford.

xx

Sher January 21, 2010 at 3:33 AM  

Wow, looks like you've got it all covered! Art, poetry, drama and photography! How I would love to be in your shoes!!

I have a feeling you will be great in all of them:)

xx

Kiki January 21, 2010 at 4:48 AM  

Wow, these are excellent! The second one is my favorite, I think. Glad your spring semester is going well so far! I know it'll stay that way too :)

Have a lovely day x

Anonymous,  January 21, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

these photos are incredible! i love the duckeys!!!

emily January 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

these photos are really lovely. good luck with your classes.
for nicer quality stuff, i shoot with kodak film. for toy camera stuff, i just shoot with cvs generic brand :) what camera & film did you use for these?

maryse January 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Lovely photos! My favorite one's the first reflection shot.

Good luck with all your studies!

Post Grad Hair Cut January 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Gorgeous photos -- love the one with the stairs.

Christina January 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

aaaa i'm so jealous... in a good way of course..! I wish SO MUCH we had classes like that,it's like a dream,if only I could have attented something like this..! I hope you're doing fine!

Can I ask something,how is this light effect done in the 6th photo?? I've seen it many times but never asked anyone!

evelyn January 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

aw u started ur semester already :) good luck! i cant wait to start mines. i am kind of starting to get worried and to be unsure i have chosen the wrong career for me :/ & im already in my 3rd year in college. i dont know what to do! :[ hopefully when i return to school i will find the passion for my career again :s because now i am considering to be a meteorologist but then these last 3 years of college would be a waste if i change my mind now..

sorry for the long comment "/

Anonymous,  January 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Wow, the pictures are beautiful! You make college seem like so much fun, so thank you for that! :)

Kristin January 21, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

Your schedule sounds amazing! My one regret is that I did not follow my heart and major in a fashion/art related field.

These photos are SO insanely gorgeous!

Anonymous,  January 22, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

I love those photographs! Could've used them for my inspiration book, no doubt about that!

Love, E

Anonymous,  January 22, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

RE: hey! i had one of mt fellow blogger friends make it for me. she's really good at that kind of stuff. her name is Lala. this is her link if you would like for her to try some out for you.


http://simplestformofanelle.blogspot.com/2010/01/make-over.html

kimi January 23, 2010 at 1:22 AM  

these photos are so beautiful!
just letting you know that I've changed my blog name (no more freckled mystery!) http://pleaseeandthankyouu.blogspot.com/
xx

Amelia January 23, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I love the light in these pictures--especially the 2nd one. And something really speaks to me about the 2nd to last as well. They're all beautiful. I'm glad your enjoying your classes :)

I just shoot whatever I can get my hands on--so generally whatever is cheapest (usually Kodak). I guess I like not being totally sure if it will look good. I don't know.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse January 23, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

That prof sounds amazing. Beautiful pictures.

Liz January 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Ooooh nice classes! I am a science major so I'm mostly bogged down with chemistry, math, and biology right now. I wanted to take a photo class but there was no room!! (I also did not get fiction writing! - sigh the disadvantages of being a freshman heheheh) However, I am taking a seminar analyzing gothic novels and it is LOVE. These photos are great ^__^ I like the rainbow geese picture!

katieleigh January 31, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

this possibly answers my question. these images are stunning

Jack Daniel February 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

How can you take such beautiful pictures? They're amazingly beautiful!

The very first time I shot with a vintage filmcamera, I used 'Kodak Portra 160nc'. I love it!! Most of my pictures are taken with Fujicolor Pro 400H. Both are 120 format, but I'm sure you can also get them in normal 35mm. I can get these film in any photostore. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP