Hello world, this is me.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meeting new people & forming new relationships is always something I look forward to so this post is a more formal introduction to who I am, what I do & the things I love. Here I go.


Hello, that's me up there. My name is Crystal but to cyberspace I'm mostly known as Crystal Ball or Miss Ball. I'm an eighteen year old soon-to-be college student with big goals and a LONG list of ambitions. Speaking of lists, I'm an avid list maker (I write lists to better know myself, to entertain myself, to think, to calm me down, and just for fun). My eyes are a mixture of green, yellow & orange and they continuously alternate from a hazel honey color to a cat-like yellow or a clear green. My hair is naturally blonde and like my eyes, it also alternates from lighter shades to darker ones. I guess it suits me since I'm continuously changing certain things about me mostly because I'm prone to be so incredibly indecisive. I'm not particularly fashionable however I love to shop and I can pull together a pretty darn good outfit. My heritage is two equal parts: my mother was born in Africa and is of Portuguese decent (Her heritage is not African and her skin is not black, in fact she is whiter then I am. For some reason the second after I tell people my momma was born in Africa they burst out with, "Your Mom is BLACK! Why are you so white then?") and my father is of Mexican decent (Yes, this white girl is Mexican!). So as a result, I am fluent in Spanish, Portuguese (although my Portuguese has faltered over the years which makes me extremely sad), English obviously, and a wee bit of French thanks to three years of High School French and my infatuation with French films and music. I am the oldest and have one brother, Derek. I was born, raised, and still reside in sunny California
.
I am a proud vegetarian and a bohemian at heart. I have a passion for travel and I look forward to seeing the world throughout my lifetime. It amazes me and almost depresses me to think that there are people who live their entire lives and the only glimpses of the world they catch are through a television, computer screen, photograph or a description told by another person. Photography is another passion of mine. Perhaps one of the best materialistic gifts I've ever received is my Canon Rebel. I rarely go anywhere without it and I have found the utmost comfort behind the lens of a camera. I do not necessarily want to make a career based on photography (although I do photograph people from time to time and am working on a portfolio so that I can help pay my way through college), but I do want to take classes in college to better understand the concepts and to further my abilities so that I can continue photographing the world through my eyes. My biggest passion, however, is my love affair with words. I am a poet, an author, and a storyteller and plan to major in creative writing and possibly journalism in college. I'v participated in NaNoWriMo last year (and finished!) and am anticipating its arrival this year (only 96 more days!). I'm still unsure of what path I'm going to take with those degrees, especially since there are so many to chose from (Newspaper editor, Magazine editor, freelance author, Professor, etc), but all I know is that as long as I get to write I will be fulfilled. I'm debating whether I want to post poems and short stories I've written/will write in the future in this blog. I guess time will tell if I want to use this blog as a way of showcasing my work.
As my profile says, I'm very dreamy. I'm always daydreaming about my future and the goals I want to accomplish in life. I'm also such a gooby romantic. I can't help it, blame my mother! I like pastels, anything soft, tiny, I like books, books, and more books. I can just spend hours in bookstores and still come out feeling sad because I couldn't take them all home with me. Mermaids, unicorns, Harry Potter, fairytales, tea cups, French films, vintage, fruit, redheads, good lyrics, and foreign places all make me incredibly happy. I can name three things People do that piss me off at the top of my head: People who smoke in front of their children. People who litter and don't recycle the simplest of things like cans and water bottles. And people who mistreat animals. I do not enforce my lifestyle as a vegetarian on anybody although I encourage it for numerous reasons, but I do find it digusting how people are careless about the treatment of a living creature. I'm incredibly friendly and rarely shy. I also love to learn & educate people about the effects of global warming and what it means for our future generations, our wildlife and our planet. I also tend to ramble on a lot when it comes to typing as I am this very minute so I think I should begin to wrap this up. If you've gotten this far then thank you so very much for your time. It was a pleasure introducing myself and if I don't already know about your blog, then leave me a comment so that I can get to know you.



8 comments:

kELLY July 29, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

you are positively adorable!

Anonymous,  July 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Cuteeee! Nice to meet you!

evelyn July 30, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

i enjoyed reading your introduction! :D I found rather a lot of things that I like & that u like too. cool :) books! i wish i could take them all home too :/ photography is as well a hobby and a love of mine, even though I am majoring in the 3D Animation department, i also write lists, lets see..i speak spanish too both my parents are from Guatemala but I was born in southern California and still reside here, but i attend Academy of art university in San francisco. Oh i would love to read your poems/ stories! I suck at writing , my weakness -_- and I want to travel so much in my future. haha well there, gonna stop now xD a little about me ^_^

<3, evelyn

Valencia Lia July 30, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog !

Loved the introduction that you did :D
I too love to read many lists down on my book and just look at them.
I'm a huge daydreamer too :)

Keep updating, I'll be reading :)

Amy P. July 31, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Thanks for the comment on my blog! :} You were the first to comment...I thought I had a couple more weeks of talking to myself!

Lovely introduction. I could relate to many things you said. I too love animals and am a total daydreamer.

I browsed through some of your photos...you say you are not a photographer but your photos say differently. They are beautiful.

Keep writing, taking photos, and updating. :}

Laura Mullins August 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM  

ah, i love your blog! and i'm glad to know there's another fellow red-head lover out there in the world. your 365 thing is so cool, by the way. i'm excited to see the photos to come!

p.s. i am also a vegetarian and a fan of vintage things, french films, and unicorns!

~h~ August 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

~It's so nice to meet you, Crystal. And you are sincerely cute as a button. You remind me so much of me at the tender age of 18. I was an English major in college and spent many many hours in creative writing workshops. You should use this forum to share your work-not just your photographs. With that, stay cute as a button and keep using that fabulous camera. You certainly have an eye for beauty. And a charming way with words. ~h

Candycane September 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Wow your a lot more together than I was at the age of 18!

Really enjoying your blog(s) so far - come and say hi anytime

CC x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP